Here's how to allow iExplorer to access to your iTunes backup folder location:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Click the lock icon in the lower left corner to allow changes and enter your Mac's Admin username & password.
- Select Full Disk Access in the list on the left side.
- Click on the plus sign (+) below the list on the right.
- In the Finder window that opens, navigate to Applications, select iExplorer.app, and click Open.
- Choose to Quit Now if prompted.
- Open iExplorer.
If you have an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or an iPhone XR and are using a Mac, you should also update iExplorer to the most current version by using iExplorer menu > Check for Updates.