To transfer any documents from the Pages, Keynote, or Numbers app to your Mac or Windows PC with iExplorer, you first need to take some steps in each of those apps on your iPad or iPhone so that it creates transferrable copies in the app's Documents folder. Here’s how to do that:
- Open Pages, Numbers, or Keynote on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the square icon on the top bar that has an arrow pointing upward.
- Tap on “Send a Copy”.
- Tap on the document you want to transfer to computer.
- Choose a format (For Pages, the options are Pages, PDF, Word, or EPUB. For Numbers, the options are Numbers, PDF, Excel, or CSV. For Keynote, the options are Keynote, PDF, or PowerPoint.)
- Tap on “iTunes” on the bottom row which will make a copy of that file in the Documents subfolder of the app.
Repeat these steps for every document in those apps that you want to be able to access and transfer with iExplorer.
Once you’ve done that for all files you need to transfer, just open iExplorer and go to the Apps section. Find the Pages, Keynote, or Numbers app in the alphabetical list and double-click on the folder to open it. Then, double-click on the Documents subfolder to open it, and you’ll see all of those files that you just saved which can be drag/dropped to your computer or right-click and choose Export to folder (hold Command (Mac) or Control (PC) to select more than one file or simply transfer the entire Documents folder).